Carolyn's Introduction

This loving tribute to Tarot as Muse is a fundraiser for Ink People Center for the Arts, conceived by Kathryne DeLorme, Carolyn Ayres and Libby Maynard. The twenty-two images seen here have been made into a collectible Major Arcana Tarot Deck which can purchased online with Ink People or found at the following venues in Humboldt County. In Eureka, Humboldt Herbals at 300 2nd Street and the Sewell Gallery of Fine Arts at 423 F street. In Arcata, the Global Village Gallery at 973 H Street; Hair Unlimited at 1640 G Street and New World Water at 778 18th street The original art was exhibited July 7th, 2012 at the new Ink Annex, 47B West Third Street, Eureka, California.
For more information contact Carolyn Ayres at tarotofbecoming @yahoo.com

Friday, May 25, 2012

1. The Magician


The Magician can be seen as the emergence of the conscious mind with all the tools of physical manifestation, the four Aces of the tarot suits, on the table.  The Magician realizes the possibility of manifesting the desires of the conscious mind, showing us the map of our journey of manifestation.
Key Words: The Animus / Visionary/ Say YES!/ All types of communication/ Creating something out of seemingly nothing/ Great Beginnings


The Magician           Kathy  O’Leary    
“One of my favorite signs on 101 is near Laytonville: “Don’t Forget The Magic”.  I feel there has been “magic” afoot in my life because of experiences I can’t explain any other way.  Drawing the Magician card for this project seemed like another example of that “magic”.
Delving into this card I came upon this quote:  “The Magus receives inspiration from the Soul of the Universe whose message he spreads on Earth” (Aleister Crowley). So for me, the Magician is the personification of feminine energy, since, symbolically, women  represent that creative energy with their historical connection to the earth and as the bearer and nurturer of each generation.
Coming up with symbols to represent the energy of this card was the easiest part. The colors I chose, the egg, the rainbow, the chakras, the pentagram, my brush strokes and directions all represent the Magician’s role in bringing the Soul of the Universe into human consciousness.  The difficulty for me was accepting my own role as a “Magician”.  The audacity of including myself in that magical process!  As I worked with this image, it also became clear that while the potential is there for everyone, it is up to us, to me, to open up to receiving that gift (for that’s what I believe it to be), and act with courage,  love and passion as a channel between the Cosmos and life here on earth.  Drawing this card means I can no longer ignore this work.” 

See more of Kathy O'Leary's work on her website kathyoleary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment