Carolyn's Introduction

This loving tribute to Tarot as Muse is a fundraiser for Ink People Center for the Arts, conceived by Kathryne DeLorme, Carolyn Ayres and Libby Maynard. The twenty-two images seen here have been made into a collectible Major Arcana Tarot Deck which can purchased online with Ink People or found at the following venues in Humboldt County. In Eureka, Humboldt Herbals at 300 2nd Street and the Sewell Gallery of Fine Arts at 423 F street. In Arcata, the Global Village Gallery at 973 H Street; Hair Unlimited at 1640 G Street and New World Water at 778 18th street The original art was exhibited July 7th, 2012 at the new Ink Annex, 47B West Third Street, Eureka, California.
For more information contact Carolyn Ayres at tarotofbecoming @yahoo.com

Saturday, May 19, 2012

5. The Hierophant


The Hierophant can be seen as bridging heaven and earth.  Interpreter of the Cosmic vision, the Hierophant ushers initiates into their own higher knowing, teaching and bringing structure to the incomprehensible for the human mind. Here on the journey we turn to our teachers within and without as we struggle to understand and bring forth our purpose.

Key Words: Enlightened teacher/ Channeling/ Organized spirituality


Donvieve          The Hierophant

“When I was eight I remember my aunt reading my fortune with her cards, backed with red and black emblems. I remember her turning up queens of hearts and diamonds, beautiful faces with ominous looks, the ace of spades and those kings looking very stately. I wondered, what do they represent? To this day I enjoy listening to my intuition while looking at the Tarot cards. When the Hierophant chose me, this poem came to me.

            Awake sleeping one

            Dawn is the time
                                                   Center your being
            Trust intuition                       
            Follow your inner child’s curiosity

    Walk the spiritual/mystical path

            Using practical feet.

These thoughts have inspired my design of my Hierophant card.
Standing in a yoga pose called vrksasana, the tree pose, balancing on one foot on top of the lotus flower, I stand serene and balanced in the midst of my life’s challenges.  The meaning of yoga is union, the union of body, mind and spiritual awareness.  I realize that though I play a small part in the major play of life, when I join forces in cooperative alignment with others, my Hierophant sends out golden rays of sharing, good will and love. The key to finding happiness is to do all I can to uplift the lives of others.”

Learn more about Donvieve here maskmakersweb.org/Donvieve/

No comments:

Post a Comment